|What is World TeamTennis?|
|WTT is co-ed teams competing in a format that consists of 6 no-ad sets. One set each of men’s and women’s doubles followed by men’s and women’s singles, ending with 2 sets of mixed doubles. Total games won from all of the sets determine the winner. Substitution and coaching are allowed.
|What is a WTT team?|
|Although the limit to the number of team members is ten, the suggested number of players is three men and three women. A minimum team consists of two men and two women.
|Who can play?|
|Adults (18 & over) may signup as an individual or as a team.
|When do leagues start?|
Outdoor Session: 5/1/16 to 6/26/16 except no match on 5/30/16 (8 matches)
Outdoor Session: 7/10/16 to 8/28/16 (8 Matches)
Outdoor Session: 9/11/16 to 10/30/16 (8 Matches)
Indoor Sessions: Sunday nights at Wheaton, Fairland and Rock Creek starting in October 2013 indoors.
|Sign-Up Deadline: ASAP|
|FINAL DEADLINE: ASAP for payment of fees and team and player registration.
Captains please register ASAP and email me your team name.
Captains receive a ticket to go see a Washington Kastles home match in August 2016! Note: This is a VIP ticket which includes access to the hospitality suite with free food.
|What Divisions (levels of play) are offered?|
|Adult Outdoor: 3.0/under; 3.5/under; 4.0/under; 4.5/under
*6:00pm to 8:00pm
*4:00pm to 6:00pm
*2:00pm to 4:00pm
*Noon to 2:00pm
The time of the matches and where the matches will be played will be to be determined later.
WHERE: Outdoors, Hard Courts, Rockville, MD area tennis courts
SENIOR DIVISION(Teams Only)
NOON TO 2PM
|Determining Team Rating|
|The average NTRP rating of the top two men and top two women players on your team determines the team rating.|
|The best two men and two women are: 4.5 + 4.5 + 3.5 + 3.5 = 16. 16 divided by 4 equals 4.0.|
|This team could register for the 4.0 division or a higher division. A team consists of a minimum of two men and two women.
Although the limit to the number of team members is ten, the suggested number of players is three men and three women.
Click here to determine your NTRP level.|
|Where do we play?|
|Rockville Area tennis courts.|
|Can I register as an individual/substitute/team? |
|First preference is team but you can sign up as an individual and I will place you on a team based on your level of play.|
|Note to substitute players:|
|All substitute players must register and pay the fee unless you are on a team and the team fee is paid.
|Why register via the Internet?|
|You are not an official league participant until you have registered online. When you register via the Internet site you will be e-mailed league information during the season and your WTT Member Benefits (WTT Point of Contact Newsletter, discounts on hotel, rental cars, 2 for 1 tickets, plus more).|
|What is the cost?|
|LEAGUE FEE PER SESSION (Rockville League only):
* Team Fee: $360
• Individual Fee: $60/person(if paid by check/cash or $65 if paid by credit card) for all registered players for 8 weeks (Deadline: ASAP)
Players fee includes permit for the tennis courts, WTT site license, tennis balls, WTT benefits, Prizes for winning team: Winning Team(up to 6 players) will receive a Washington Kastles VIP ticket to a home match in August 2016; Entry fee if a team attends a NQ ($275 Value), Entry fee if a team wins the NQ and goes to the National Championships ($275 value).
CAPTAIN INCENTIVE AND PLAYER STIMULUS PLAN:
• Team Fee: $360 (in one amount by check, cash or credit card $375) Deadline: ASAP
Team must have a captain, obtain the players for the team, have all players register, enter the match results, send email reminder of match every week, ensure that 2 men and 2 women show up to the match, determine lineup for each match and any other administrative matters, if needed.
• Captain will receive one ticket to a Washington Kastles home match in August 2016($125 value)!
* Winning Team per division up to 6 players per team will receive one ticket to one home washington kastles match in August 2016($750 value)!
NEW DISCOUNT PROGRAM FOR THE 2016 ROCKVILLE LEAGUE!
Note: There is no individual fee for the three session discount.
In order to try and grow the Rockville league, we are offering a discount if your team signs up for all THREE Sessions by May 1.
NOTE: If you sign-up for the Spring, Summer and Fall leagues by May 1, the team discount is $180 in savings!
Team fee: $900 (if paid by check or cash or $931 if paid by credit card) for the May to June AND July to August AND September to October Leagues!
For a six person team, the fee would be $50 per session.
For a eight person team, the fee would be $37.50 per session.
For a ten person team, the fee would be $30 per session.
You can pay by check, cash or credit card(using Paypal: note paying by credit card is higher because the amount includes the paypal service charges.
|League winners qualify for a National Qualifier?|
|Winning teams advance to the WTT National Qualifiers. Your team is eligible to participate in a NQ for up to one year from the end date of your league.
For every four (4) teams in any official World TeamTennis (WTT) local league division, one (1) team will be eligible to participate in a NQ.
Click here for more details.|
|Local League Information & Rules:|
NEW RULES – LOCAL LEAGUE
EFFECTIVE 11/6/05(as Amended)Updated 5/1/08
To: All WTT players
From: Richard Gottfried, WTT League Director
Re: New Local League Rules
Based upon feedback from you the players in WTT here are some additional local league rules that will be effective November 6, 2005(to be enforced effective 11/20/05 league, 5/14/06 league, 7/23/06 league, 9/10/06 League, 11/5/06 League,5/6/07 League) for the indoor sessions and outdoor sessions. If you have any questions about the new rules (need clarification of their meaning) and/or would like some additional rules put in place (that make sense and add value to the league), please let me know. Thank you.
1. ALL players MUST register online at www.wtt.com otherwise the set that the unregistered player played in will be scored as a forfeit 6-0. With the new website you as captain can see who has registered. Deadline: Two days before the start of the league (2 men and 2 women)…rest of the regular(full-time including split or shared) players on your team by the third match.
2. Substitute rule: You may bring in a sub if you have only one man and or one women player for that match and you need another male/female player for the match. (If you have your regular 2 men and 2 women players show up to the match that is all you need to play a match. If you bring a substitute player in addition to your two regular players, than any set that the substitute player plays in will result in a forfeit as a 6-0 score for that set.)
If the substitute player does not register before the match, the substitute player has 24 hours after the match to register.
A. The level of the player must be within the level of the league. (Change as follows) The substituted player must be at the same level or lower of your regular player. For example if your player is a 3.5 then the sub must be a 3.5 or lower…the sub CANNOT be higher than your regular player.
B. All substitute players MUST register online at www.wtt.com prior to the match in which they play otherwise any set they play in will result in forfeit 6-0. A substitute player can register anytime during the season. Substitute players can register 24 hours after the match is played.
C. Once the substitute player has registered for one team that substitute player MUST play on that same team (as a sub if needed) for the rest of the league. The substitute player CANNOT play on one team one week and then another team the next week.
D. If your team has only one male/female player for the match(and you cannot find a substitute player for the match) and another team in the league has three male/female players for their match you can borrow one of their players, HOWEVER, the borrowed player’s set score will result in a forfeit for that team 6-0.
3. WTT rule number 8. Service lets will be enforced.
4. WTT rule number 10. Default rules will be enforced.
5. Level of League is determined by the League Director at his discretion.
Depending on the average team NTRP rating (determined by adding up all of the levels of the paid players and dividing that number by the number of paid players) some divisions may have a team that the average is higher than the division they are playing in (because there are not enough teams entered at that level) and some teams may have an average that is lower than the division they are playing in because the team wanted to play in a higher division.
Total = 30 divided by 8 players =3.75
Team average is 3.75. Therefore if there is no 4.0 and under division that team would be allowed to play in the 3.5 and under division.
6. Default Policy: Teams are required to pay $30 default fee by the start of the league and replenish the fee if needed during the season. A default will cost a team $7.50 per set that is defaulted in a match. The default fee will then be paid to the team that did not default the set(s). Not enforced in the summer leagues.
7. Set order: The set order is the first set played is men's and women's doubles, then men's and women's singles, then two sets of mixed doubles. However, if a male or female player is running late then the match can start with men's and women's singles first then the doubles and then the mixed doubles without any defaults occurring.
8. Since we have 3 divisions that are playing at the same location please arrive on time for your match as this will cause a delayed start for the subsequent matches. WTT does finish the match even if the match runs over the two hours allocated to the match.
I hope that these new rules will add value to the WTT local league play.
|For more information contact:|
|Call Richard Gottfried at (301) 717-9558C or 301-762-5182 H
|Click on the Registration link at the top of the page to register!|